Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P2096 2016 Nissan Rogue

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #46802 by jman26063
Hey guys, just a quick question with O2 sensor data on an autel. 2016 Rogue randomly set a P2096 POST CATALYST FUEL TRIM SYS B1 (Post catalyst fuel trim system too lean bank 1). Code set criteria is crappy at best and possible causes is abundant. 1st has any Nissan techs come across this on the regular (No TSB for this year/model) and also while watching HO2S2 on my Autel it would randomly drop to 0.00 volts mostly at decel. I do not believe an O2 sensor should ever drop to 0 volts and I have not had time to scope it yet to see if computer or tool is lying. Does anyone know if it is normal for an Autel to show 0 volts on decel. In some forums I have seen others mention ECM replacement and that Nissan Techline would have guys shotgun parts at this code which I obviously do not want. also no obvious exhaust/intake leaks

PS: Attached is a short video clip of scantool. ( If it works ! )

Thanks all

Video
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by jman26063. Reason: Add Video

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #46815 by Dtnel
Replied by Dtnel on topic Re:P2096 2016 Nissan Rogue
Didn't view video as not viewable in tapatalk forum but I don't think it's the tool as it only interprets the data it receives.

I'd maybe try measuring with another device.
It's definitely a deal I wouldn't make a call on quickly as there something to be learned from the data you gather to come to a conclusion.

If you're viewing multiple pids I would bring it down to 5 or less pids as they'll refresh more quickly.

You're correct on the scope approach as you can get the data from it and set properly you'll get very good information. Share when you do as it'll be nice to see it.

Need any good known waveforms there's various places. Keith Perkins with L1Training has a waveform library.

Autonerdz.com has a waveform library. Not sure if you have to be a tech to get their database or if it's open to the open forum part of their forums as they have a members section per say if you've bought a scope from them with the "Autonerdz" option as that'll give you lifetime access.

Bought my Pico from them 5+ yrs ago. They've changed hands as the founder retired but a guy bought it and moved operations to his home state of Michigan from Washington, Seattle area it was.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

More
3 years 2 months ago #46881 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:P2096 2016 Nissan Rogue
This is a common Nissan code. The rear o2s do drop to zero on decel, so don't worry about that.

This code is usually caused by a small exhaust leak. To find them, I pressurize the exhaust from the rear and spray all of the gaskets and welds with soapy water. Sometimes smoke shows but the water usually seems to work better since the leaks can be really small.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds