Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

05 mazda 6

More
3 years 3 months ago #46799 by Raucam
05 mazda 6 was created by Raucam
I just got the car from auction and trying to get it fixed. Car runs but when I turn the steering wheel it completely shuts off . With the keys on engine off I checked for 5v reference at the maf sensor and it's there. I checked fuse inside and under hood they are good what I did notice the car won't turn off if I keep my foot on the gas and turn the steering wheel but rpms do drop rapidly then come up also at idle I snap the gas pedal and the rpms drop before it goes up that symptom is the same when turning the steering wheel only that time it shuts the car down. I have cleaned the maf ,throttle body, and I get 14 v at the batt running.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #46803 by jman26063
Replied by jman26063 on topic 05 mazda 6
I would guess that when turning wheel and rpm drops this is a belt driven pump, is pump pulley binding causing too much load on engine?

More
3 years 3 months ago #46813 by Dtnel
Replied by Dtnel on topic Re:05 mazda 6
Power steering fluid low? Until you said it stayed running I was thinking maybe it was a wire in steering column issue but being it stayed running by throttling it ruled that out.

As others said plus check your fuel Pressure, fuel Pressure regulator & other associated things where applicable.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

More
3 years 3 months ago #46814 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic Re:05 mazda 6
Probably the power steering pressure switch
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds