Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Re:Engine power is reduced

More
3 years 2 months ago #46678 by Colby Horton
I’ve got a 2011 chevy Silverado duramax 2500 LML thats been deleted and tuned with EFI live, I’ve done the CP3 conversion on it and it has a fass fuel system. Shortly after the CP3 and tune came a random engine power is reduced with zero other codes. No check engine light nothing else other than that code on my dash. One mechanic told me to try replacing the TCM as it does crazy things and is prone to failing. I bought a new TCM put it in the truck and before I could even put the truck in gear the message was back. Now I’m stuck and not sure what to do. The message shows up completely random. Sometimes it’ll go a week and nothing and other times it takes me 2 hours to drive 20 miles (shutting the truck off and restarting clears the message and I’m able to drive again for unknown amount of time). Been to three different diesel shops with no answers. Hopefully someone here has had similar issues! Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46687 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Engine power is reduced
I'm not sure exactly what the tune is doing, if it's deleting anything, but I know that some diesels will reduce power if the DEF is low and will eventually disable starting.

Nissan Tech

More
3 years 2 months ago #46693 by AJeep18
Replied by AJeep18 on topic Re:Engine power is reduced

Tutti57 wrote: I'm not sure exactly what the tune is doing, if it's deleting anything, but I know that some diesels will reduce power if the DEF is low and will eventually disable starting.

Nissan Tech

Because it is tuned the DEF is not longer a factor. (or shouldn't be unless something is haywire with the tune)

More
3 years 2 months ago #46694 by AJeep18
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colby Horton

More
3 years 2 months ago #46695 by AJeep18
Have you been able to scan the truck for codes with the reduced power light is on the dash?

More
3 years 2 months ago #46702 by Colby Horton
Yes one time it happened to do it at a diesel repair shop and it came up with code U0101 lost communication with transmission control module and that’s why he said to replace the TCM. But replacing it didn’t fix any issue and it still has that code again (the shop is right down the road from my house so I drove it in limp mode and had him scan it again to check if it was the same code or not)

More
3 years 2 months ago #46710 by AJeep18
If that is the case I would say, look for any suspect wiring going to the TCM and if you are able, check the powers and grounds to the TCM when it is acting up.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46711 by Colby Horton
Is there a way to ohm out the wires or how would you go about this? I’m worried it’s just starting to break somewhere or something so it’s not gonna show a funky reading unless it’s moved just right. It looks fine on the outside. I looked it over when I installed the new TCM. Other forums have said that the accelerator assembly fixed their issue but that doesn’t explain that fault code. I hate throwing parts at it but I’m willing to try anything at this point. Very frustrating with how intermittent it is. Seems to be getting worse with the warmer weather too which doesn’t make any sense either

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds