Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

mode 6 failure info

More
3 years 2 months ago #46659 by Hinderliter
I have a 2002 S10 2wd flex fuel 2.2 Liter manual trans can not get evap or air inject monitor to set. Truck came to me and i was told it had evap leak I did smoke test found cracked fuel pump replaced fuel pump with new AC Delco pump. I thought not a big deal change fuel pump and set monitors the old ecm kept aborting the evap test with no reason showing the truck has had a new purge, valve new vent valve,canister replaced, ecm replaced and now it does not abort test but shows a failure in mode 6 $02 component $71(EVAP purge leak vacuum fail test) I can use purge an seal function and pull into a vac(12 inH20) then shut purge off and it holds a vacuum (takes close to a minute to lose 1 in H20) Does any one know exactly what the truck is looking for with component 71?I called the local Chevy dealer and talked with a Tech and he had no clue what mode 6 even was. I have made sure it meets all requirements prior to drive cycle park it in shop and leave overnight wait for outside temps to warm up before driving and it keeps failing mode 6 component 71. A lot of these parts were thrown at this thing before I got to work on it I put the ECM in it to get it to stop aborting evap test

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46663 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic mode 6 failure info
here is the chart with specs its looking for

File Attachment:

File Name: Graphic.pdf
File Size:269 KB

that small of a leak I would be looking at connection points and the orings in the fittings and sensor seals for fuel tank and vent line clamps going up to gas cap.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Hardtopdr2.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46664 by Hinderliter
Replied by Hinderliter on topic mode 6 failure info
the evap test never runs so I dont think it looking for a small leak the test never gets to the point where the vent valve closes The large leak test must complete 1st then it goes to small leak it will not run the test far enough for vent valve to close and that is why I was thinking the mode 6 component 71 may be holding it up.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds