Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

02 and Evac will not reset after drive cycle

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46538 by Paulrbooks
2003 Yukon Denali 6.0 V8. After changing an O2 sensor front passenger side with a check engine light the mechanic completed the job and reset the code. After a thousand miles of drive cycle sequences the O2 and the Evac are still not resetting. Mechanic thought possibly changing the temperature sensor in the front of the radiator and the air mass flow sensor temperature and air mass flow would solve the problem but this did not solve the problem. I don't want to continue to get into replacing parts and would love to know what to do next. Thank you.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Paulrbooks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46539 by Hardtopdr2
For o2 and evap to run you need to start and idle truck from cold for 2 minutes then drive at 30 to 40 mph for 10 minutes then interstate speeds for 20 minutes. The o2 and evap should run during that.

Consult Mitchell1 www.eautorepair.net
or alldata www.alldatadiy.com
for specifics for the drive cycle procedures.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46540 by Paulrbooks
Thank you for your answer. I have done that over and over. I followed the GM drive cycle recommendations as well and still the O2 and Evac will not reset ...I don't know what to do next.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46541 by Hardtopdr2
Does your mechanics scanner have a evap service bay test function. If it does you should be able to force it that way

More
3 years 2 months ago #46542 by Paulrbooks
Thanks I'll check with them tomorrow to see if that is something they know how to do thank you.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46543 by Paulrbooks
I'm not exactly sure I understand what you mean that the Evac system "can be forced that way" thank you in advance for your reply

More
3 years 2 months ago #46544 by Hardtopdr2
Its where you/your mechanic manually runs the evap test command from scan tool. which in a sense forces it to run bypassing the computers priority to run the test when available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paulrbooks

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds