Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

12 mini Cooper misfire

More
3 years 3 months ago #46532 by Christian77
mini cooper 1.6 turbo 12 has misfire on 2 only under load then after continuously misfiring it deactivates the cylinder
coil and spark plug were replaced I swapped. the injectors stayed on 2
compression on all cyl about 150-160
its a gdi engine so I was thinking internal i removed intake and cleaned up the valve seating area with wire brush took a peek with a borescope and the surface looks pretty clean
I'm not sure about internally where it actually sits but after i ran it under load misfire was still
so I hooked a scope to the coil I got a waveform tried to catch the misfire condition witch I think is still the valves I believe its a seating issue what do you guys think ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46535 by Andy.MacFadyen
I would agree it is a likely valve issue and you will likely end up lifting the head. I am not sure if a cranking compression test or an in-cylinder would reveal anything to me it looks like a sticking valve or tappet jacking

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds