Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 Taurus SHO running rich

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #46461 by abt3
Hello... I am new to the forum, and I am also transitioning into becoming an auto service technician. Currently in technical school.

Anyway, I own a 2010 Forc Taurus SHO, with a 3.5L turbocharged engine. The codes that I have stored in the PCM are as follows: P2196, (Bank 1 sensor 1 too rich), P2198. (Bank 2 sensor 1 too rich), P0130 ( Bank 1 sensor 1 performance ) and last but not least P0420 ( catalyst below threshold bank 1)

My question is where would be a good place to start? One of the problems I have been running into is.simply finding the expected sensor reading values in service information.

From what I have gathered, the turbocharged engine uses a combination map/iat sensor in lieu of a maf sensor, referred to as the IAT2 sensor. In the service information I am using ( Mitchell) it shows the IAT2 sensor as having 6 pins. However, I can't find any sensor anywhere on the intake manifold that has 6 wires.

Regardless, any direction on how to start getting to the bottom of this would be much appreciated. I would think to look for something that would affect both banks equally, as the chances of both 02 sensors being faulty at once is low. Possible, but not likely. Thank you in advance. I should also note that the only symptom present is the check engine light along with lower fuel economy. The engine does not have any noticeable running problems
As a sidenote, the scan tool that I have is the Autel MS908 BT.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by abt3. Reason: Additional information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #46529 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2010 Taurus SHO running rich
Check purge valve for leakage. If needed block off purge line

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds