Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Mercedes ML320 EPS,BAS,ABS lights on transmission in limp mode

More
3 years 2 months ago #46174 by darren.fraser
This is a 2002 Mercedes ML320 VIN: WDC1631542A047292
with a complaint that first thing in the morning it requires numerous key cycles (and starts) before the vehicle starts up and the EPS,BAS and ABS lights go off. If you try to drive with the lights on, the transmission is in limp mode. If the lights go off it drives fine. Once the lights go off, the vehicle is fine for the whole day and the fault re-appears the next morning when its cold.

I verified the complaint and tried clearing the codes when the vehicle is "normal", but the codes are still there.

I've checked CAN bus signals with a Pico 4425 at the DLC and it looks OK. I am new to CAN diagnostics but from what I saw CANH and CANL were perfectly mirrored.

File Attachment:

File Name: Mercedes_1...rive.pdf
File Size:157 KB

It looks to me that I should be checking CAN network?

Does anyone have a link to a wiring diagram or workshop manual for this vehicle?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds