Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P1299 1.6 Ford escape

More
3 years 3 months ago #46044 by Tsavory
Running into an issue.
Another shop did a motor swap on this 2013 Ford Escape 1.6 turbo.
They really messed up the install had hoses installed wrong had ground to the power of the starter. Plan and simple I hugh mess.
Well I got it all redone hoses and wiring.
Thing fires up runs smooth for 60 seconds then it pops up a P1299 code. CHT protection which derates the motor.
Scan tool shows good on temps. But tried a new coolant temp sensor anyways. There appears to be no cylinder head temp sensor on this motor and I don't even see a pigtail for one.
60 seconds in the temp gauge on dash pegs out even though temp though the scanner temps less than 140° .

Any info to what I am missing would be great.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #46046 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic P1299 1.6 Ford escape
Do you have a wiring diagram? Maybe the pcm pin out is different than the donor vehicle

More
3 years 3 months ago #46050 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic P1299 1.6 Ford escape
My coworker went round and round with a similar issue recently. P1299 does NOT indicate that the engine is overheating, only that the overheat protection strategy is active. ;)

The '13 model years are kinda a fustercluck. :silly: They got hit with recall 13S12, which (among a lot of other stuff), introduced a coolant level stand-pipe right next to the coolant bottle.

Research 13S12, see if the recall has been done.

More
3 years 3 months ago #46069 by Tsavory
Replied by Tsavory on topic P1299 1.6 Ford escape
We have no clue what the donor vehicle is and that shop went out of business probably due to things like the mess they left this one in.

More
3 years 3 months ago #46070 by Tsavory
Replied by Tsavory on topic P1299 1.6 Ford escape
This car has the stand off pipe.
Plus that SHOULD throw a low coolant code as well. Need to find the specs on the standoff pipe sensor. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds