Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

13 F-150 crank no start.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45780 by CalitechT.J.
Hey all, I have a 2013 F-150 with a 3.7L that is all over the place with it's symptoms, and I'm really confident the PCM is faulty, but just found out the part is $1,100 alone and am now not as confident. Vehicle came in on the hook with rough running and CEL. Pulled codes and found P2195 & P2197 O2 sensor signal biased/stuck lean B1S1/B2S1 codes. Vehicle ran rough on startup with high STFT on both banks(+19-25%) but LTFTs at 0. Trims improved off idle so checked for vacuum leak, none found. Trims eventually normalized while idling, truck drove fine on road test, and then ran fine until closing time. Next morning, vehicle is a no start with no rpm signal on scan tool. Checked crank signal at sensor and saw CKP pulse, and it was the same at PCM. After that check, rpm showed on scan tool so I checked for injector pulse and for spark. Had pulse and a very weak spark from one coil. Checked fuel pressure and had 50+ koeo, same during crank. Checked for CMP pulse @ PCM and saw a sine wave that seemed weak, but it was 150 cranking rpm and the cam/crank sync pid showed yes and the cranking fueling was enabled, so CMP pulse seemed fine then. Disconnected MAF to see if that allowed start, and PCM flagged codes for throttle position sensor high and low and coolant temp sensor high, but no MAF or IAT codes. Checked spark again, no spark. Checked for coil control, not present anymore. Checked another coil for control, absent again. Still have injector pulse. Also have 5 volt ref. Verified good powers and grounds to PCM and CKP/CMP inputs, so my call is PCM, but I have second and third guessed myself now, anyone have thoughts on something I may have missed? Greatly appreciate any help, thank you all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45935 by CalitechT.J.
Update on PCM failure diag. Truck went to Ford dealer for the repair as we can't program at my shop, and their diagnosis was a bad PCM also, so that suggests there were no checks missed on this call. No update on the actual repair, but I think their diag matching mine is good enough. Not sure what took the PCM down, and probably never will, but my involvement is done, and so is this thread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds