Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2011 F-250 Repeat wheel bearing failure

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #63739 by Noah
Everything I put parts store wheel bearings on only makes it about a year.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #63741 by Gordon273
I put motorcraft on this last set and they made it just as long as precision did, about 4500 miles.

• Noah
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #63759 by Noah
Yikes! Should live longer than the oil filter

More
4 months 5 days ago #63968 by 00Jake00
Something is definingly wrong, no reason why hub bearings can't run 100k. Heck my personal truck (granted it's 2wd) has almost 270k on it and as far as I know they're factory, pretty sure they're Timkin so maybe they were changed at one time but when I first got the truck with 200k on it it needed balljoints along with other stuff of course. When I removed the bearings and cleaned them up they were practically new. Cleaned and repacked those with some delo and never worried about them. Once a year I give the truck a good "tune up" grease everything, change trans fluid (zf5) and rear diff fluid, check brakes, adjusted parking brakes and of course spin the hubs. Never had to re do a wheel bearing job on anything I've done so far. I suggest a better brand. I know everyone says they switch brands but you replace a cheap part with another cheap part there's a very good chance that the 2 parts are actually made in the same plant by the same company they just get tossed in a different colored box. I've heard Timkin quality has went down but so far from what I've noticed they still seem to be one of the best when it comes to anything to do with a bearing. On the old farm equipment we run at home if we have a bearing issue an it ends being a Timkin 99 out of 100 times it wasn't the bearings fault. If we pull it out and it says CHINA though........ well you get the jiff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

• Noah
More
4 months 4 days ago #63969 by Noah
I just had one of my fleet customers in for ball joints and the right front hub bearing I put in over the summer is all ready making noise.
It was definitely a Master Pro or Precision from O Reilly. Not good...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds