Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

need color coded wire schematic of o2 plugs. 2002 taurus , 3.0 L

More
3 years 4 months ago #45542 by stevek
I changed the female plugs going to computer on bank2 upstream and downstream o2 sensors on a 2002 Ford Taurus SE Wagon. 3.0L. u Vulcan motor. I want to make sure I got the switch over right. I did one wire at a time. need to know which pin is one and what color wire goes to each pin. Having a hell of a time with error codes p1151 bank 2 - 1 lean and now P0193 rail pressure sensor A circuit high. I'm wondering if the cheap rebuilt fuel injectors I put in are causing a problem. Also had some wiring shots on o2 sensors. fixing the one at a time. If I don't have the wires right coming off the o2's to the computer I will be spinning my wheels. When I run the scanner all the volts on each o2 look pretty good. Short term fuel looks ok. At he end the long term fuel is pinned at 92% After i get the wiring square away does anyone have any suggesations? I replaced all sensors and cleaned out EGR system. Brand new cats and plugs. Thanks. Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 4 months ago #45567 by Noah

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
3 years 4 months ago #45777 by stevek
I wrote this piece about the o2 sensors for the ford taurus and needing color coded wire layou.
The car is a 2002 Ford Taurus SE Wagon. V6 Vulcan Engine. "U". It is a single overhead cam, not the double overhead cams.
I changed the plugs going to the PCM. I did them one wire at a time so I think they are correct. One mechanic looked at it and said that I was getting voltage to the o2 sensor before even staring the car. I checked the wires and I get a 1/2 volt on one of the wires. I figure that is for the heating element.
Anyway I got lifetime oil changes from the Ford dealer and they always do a 50 point check on car to try and sell you something. Maybe they will notice something. After that I am taking it for a full engine diagnostic. The check engine light went out by itself the other day so I ran and got it through inspection. The freakin light came on in the driveway of DMV as I was putting my paperwork away. I got a good sticker anyway. My gut feeling tells me the PCM is messed up on and off. Steve K

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds