Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2011 Chevy Equinox codes P228D P0016 P0017 P0089

More
3 years 4 months ago #45529 by Dan07
Started up the Equinox and got message " Low engine power" and "stibili trak". I replaced cam position sensor, crank position sensor, and ignition fuel pressure sensor. still throwing the same messages and codes. I believe the next step will be the high pressure fuel pump. Sounds like there is noises coming from there. engine starts but runs rough. If anyone has any insight would be greatly appreciated.

again codes are as follows
P228D
P0016
P0017
P0089

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45532 by Hardtopdr2
Did you do the crank cam variation relearn?

More
3 years 4 months ago #45533 by Tyler
If you clear the codes and run the engine, does P0016 ever come back? If it does, that's the code to pursue.

P228D and P0089 will set with excessively high rail pressure. Since the high pressure fuel pump is driven off the intake camshaft, any timing problem on the intake cam will impact rail pressure.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45538 by Dan07
Yes, all codes were cleared and then they all came back. Thank you.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45556 by Tyler

Dan07 wrote: Yes, all codes were cleared and then they all came back. Thank you.

Fix the timing, and you'll very likely fix the fuel rail pressure codes.

Also consider the engine oil level, and the high likelihood that this engine consumes oil. Any broken bits of timing chain guide will need to be cleared out of the oil pan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #47898 by Laken
I’m having the exact same problem mine it reading 7 codes some are the same as yours

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds