Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Misfire

More
3 years 4 months ago #45314 by troy.smith
Misfire was created by troy.smith
I have a 05 navigator with po356 po357. Now the two coils and plugs have been replaced before I got it I have voltage using my test light on the red and light green wires but not sure what I'm supposed to have on pnk/lt blue coil 7 and orange and yellow. On the PCM pins 16 and 17 thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45316 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic Misfire
Key on you should have 12 volts at the 2 coil control wires on the pcm. Test light should light if coil and wiring is good. Let us know what you get.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45317 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Misfire
Key on, Engine off you should have battery volt an ALL coil wires.

Voltage comes in from Red/ Lt Grn wire, it goes through the primary coil windings, and out the the control wires (pnk/lt blue coil 7 and orange and yellow), where it waits for a ground to come from the PCM. (On the PCM pins 16 and 17)

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
3 years 4 months ago #45318 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Misfire
And, Cheryl wins by a nose! ;)

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
3 years 4 months ago #45320 by troy.smith
Replied by troy.smith on topic Misfire
Thanks I'm getting static from our so called advisor because unfortunately after the coils and plugs were replaced and didn't fix it now he wants to second guess me he asked why didn't you check the ingector I told him the PCM cuts power to them because of the misfire it goes on but I will not bore you with the insanity.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45324 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Misfire
You're 100% right to stay with the coil circuits. Tell your advisor to chill. ;)

Chad and Cheryl nailed it. For what it's worth, if someone has been in here before you, check to make sure the coil connectors still *click* in and make solid contact. Also look for broken wires inside the insulation close to the connector itself. I see both frequently.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45372 by troy.smith
Replied by troy.smith on topic Misfire
Hey trying to give an update says some sort of error

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds