Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2013 Dodge Ram C/V 3.6, cranks, kicks but won't start

More
3 years 4 months ago #45196 by Dogdayyesterday
Van has300K on the odometer. Transmission started slipping. Got a new used one and installed it. Finished the repair, tried to start, no go. The engine turns over ok and it tries to start, but doesn't. If I hold the pedal to the floor, it finally starts but dies after 2 seconds. The engine ran well prior to the repair. There is gas, compression and spark. I checked the TIPM, bypassed it to be sure, gas pump works, jumped out or not. I removed the gas line to the fuel rail, turned the key on and it will fill a litre (quart) container in seconds. I assume that would translate to good pressure. I do not have an adaptor for a pressure test. I replaced the crank position sensor as the old one indicated trouble on a bench test. The new one made no difference. I checked all of the grounds and placed a jumper cable from battery negative to the engine block. I checked the connectors on the computer module and they look perfectly clean. I keep the battery fully charged for all tests and it measures 12.5 volts. I removed #1 coil pack and jumped it to ground . It gives a steady spark as the engine cranks. I removed plugs 1, 3 & 5 to check their condition. They look ok and were replaced 10K ago. When I observe the throttle position valve, it cycles fully closed and releases back to its' default idle position when the ignition is turned on. When trying to start, it fully closes again and opens somewhat when the engine "kicks" or fires a little. The battery was disconnected for a week during the repair process.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45204 by Tutti57
Any chance the flywheel got bent/famaged or is not the correct one for the vehicle?

Nissan Tech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds