Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

12 Equinox 2.4 EcoTec Timing!

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #45192 by Mikeyb742
hello there just did head job and lined all my marks for timing cams and took my 24mm wrench and turned the exhaust cam as so as my exhaust phaser would line up and now when i turn engine over by hand to make sure i have no interference with valve and piston i get slight resistance and notice the exhaust phaser turns and cam dont and then it make a pop nose and the cam spins back to rest position??? lost here, do i have be phaser? the cams and crank all turn together then all of a sudden the intake came will still turn and exhaust stop and makes pop noise and then turns with rest of valve train...
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Mikeyb742.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45216 by Hardtopdr2
Sounds like exhaust cam phaser return spring is broken or binding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikeyb742

More
3 years 4 months ago #45226 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 12 Equinox 2.4 EcoTec Timing!
In two revolutions of the crankshaft, how many times does this binding/pop thing happen?

Were the phasers replaced? If so, what brand?

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #45242 by Mikeyb742
Started Engine and after building up oil pressure in clear flood and then fired it up and start its fine! did not replace...
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Mikeyb742.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds