Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 Saturn Vue CYL 3 misfire

More
3 years 5 months ago #45037 by shaneburns
Hey guys I am working on a 2005 Saturn Vue 3.5L. Customer had it at another garage for a idle surge and multiple misfires. They replaced 3 coil packs, injectors, spark plugs, valve cover and intake set.. typical parts changer. I found it to have rapid miss of cylinder 4. We tore it back down and found oil in 3 cylinders 2 Bosch plugs 4 autolites. We fixed the valve cover gasket leaks put the correct plugs in and new intake gaskets. Cleared codes and test drove was good for 3 days and now cylinder 3 has a rapid misfire. I was looking at the ckp waveform and it seems erratic but I have no way to verify the correct waveform. I have attached a picture of what I have. If anyone can see what it should look like or have any advice I appreciate it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #45116 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2005 Saturn Vue CYL 3 misfire
I can't quite tell by the picture - What PID are we looking at exactly?

Can the miss be felt? Or is it only counting on the data?

I'd honestly say start over. Forget what parts have been thrown at it and treat it like a new vehicle. What are the trims on both banks during the misfire? If you raise the engine speed off idle, does the miss go away? What's the MAP voltage in Park at hot idle with no loads?

More
3 years 5 months ago #45117 by willco
Treat it like a new vehicle. Do you Have a scope? This is a speed density honda engine you might get some direction with a scope faster than a scan tool due to communication speed

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds