Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

96 tacoma

More
3 years 5 months ago #45007 by MG
96 tacoma was created by MG
Hi my 96 Tacoma, whenever the check engine light appears the communication with scan tool goes away, and when there is no check engine light the scan tool communicate ok, HELP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #45013 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:96 tacoma
Does the truck stop running when this happens? It sounds like it's not a one time deal, so what are you doing to get it back to normal for this to occur again?

Nissan Tech

More
3 years 5 months ago #45019 by MG
Replied by MG on topic 96 tacoma
The engine still runs but the rpm drops and if I'm driving when the light comes on I lose power and popping coming from the exhaust, I already cleaned the EGR replace the VSV,I just want to be able to scan when the check engine light appears

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 5 months ago #45022 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 96 tacoma
When communication is restored are there any codes set in the engine control module?
Do you have a scan tool capable of checking other modules to see if they are setting codes related to loss of communication with the engine control module?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
3 years 5 months ago #45039 by MG
Whenever communication is restored,there is no code, I just have a regular scanner, yesterday

More
3 years 5 months ago #45178 by MG
Thank for the correspondence, we will take about this truck after the winter, it parked until spring

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds