Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Gauges not working.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #45003 by dfends@hotmail.com
Hi everyone I’m working on a 2005 4 runner with 4 litre automatic 4 wheel drive . The gas gauge speedometer tachometer temp gauge not working . The am2,gauge dome light fuses all good . The c10 connector port 15 and 16 have battery voltage the c10 connector port 13 has good ground . I have not check the feeds to the instrument cluster for the gauges as of yet . Any help would be appreciated. The customer has installed a used cluster and the problem persists . I am not sure if the used cluster needs to be programmed .update today I got back to testing the vehicle I checked the engine rpm signal at instrument cluster and it was a good square wave so I thought I would recheck my power and grounds before recommending another cluster to my surprise the the engine ground was not there so I reconnected the connectors to the cluster and tapped into the ground wire and gave it a ground path the cluster worked perfect . Thanks Paul for all your teachings .
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by dfends@hotmail.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45014 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Gauges not working.
It may need programming but I'm not sure about that. Are you able to communicate with the cluster with a scan tool or are there any dtcs? I'm just assuming that the cluster has a module to communicate with.

Nissan Tech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds