Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Motorcycle Engine in a Racecar 2008 Suzuki GSXR 1000

More
3 years 4 months ago #44986 by 93Rubie
So some friends of mine have a prototype actual SCCA road racing car. Powered by a 2008 Suzuki GSXR 1000 engine. It was running and suddenly quit. They have TONS of spares and have thrown the kitchen sink at this thing. Swapped ECM's even.

They have the factory service manual for the motorcycle but the car using a modified ECU and harness that eliminates certian motorcycle things.

They wanted me to look at it for a fresh set of eyes.

Well, its a crank no start. No injector or coil pulse. Has power to all of those. Crank and Cam signal are good via UScope.
I checked all the powers and grounds I could find to the ECM and all OK.

Checked things like the tip over sensor, etc...

I don't know why the ECM won't fire the injectors and coils. We DO NOT have a scan tool to talk to the ECM. They bought a cheap one but its for older GSXR's. I told them we really need one to talk to this ECM. I did find the serial data wire and put my scope on it. It was B+ constantly with the key on. That doesn't seem right but IDK that it would talk without something hooked up to it first....

Near as I can tell its also getting ignition turn on signal to the ECM.

Anyone mess around with motorcycles? Or know someone who does? We really need a scan tool for it, I'm kinda done helping till they get one. Local motorcycle shop doesn't seem real intrested in helping. Said they have the scan tool but lost the software CD.....OK.

FYI, local to Pittsburgh area-ish as over in Indiana, PA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds