Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2014 Kia Forte 1.8L Turn Signals Inop on Intrustment Cluster

More
3 years 4 months ago #44985 by Red X
Hey everyone,

New here on the forum but looking forward to everyones input. Also relatively new to the advance diagnostics in electrical/electronic and engine performance areas but Im willing to learn. So the vehicle im currently working on is a 2014 Kia Forte 1.8L. The turn signals work all the way around, the only thing that doesnt work are the indicators on the instrument cluster. You can hear the clicking and everything. Hazard lights do the same thing, they work outside but not on the cluster. i was able to command all the lights on the cluster to turn on and off. When doing that, only the right side turn signal indicator comes on, but not the left side. I was suspecting a faulty cluster. No codes in the cluster. The only code i have is for the airbag. A B24000, I believe. "AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT FAILURE" , which is also weird because the airbag light on the cluster works. Again i was suspecting a faulty cluster. so i made the call, got a used cluster from a salvage yard (yay), installed it and same thing. The only difference is now when i command the dash lights to turn on, BOTH turn signal indicators come on now, not just the right side. So some progress but not a fix. i cant find any information, or TSB related problems. Maybe someone has run into this? Maybe i am missing something here? is the airbag code related to this? ive heard these cars have a lot of problems with the driver side junction box. Again relatively new to diagnosing so if i missed something or if i jumped too fast on making the call, go easy on me haha.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #44987 by Cheryl
Can you post wiring diagram of turn signals and cluster indicators

More
3 years 4 months ago #44992 by Red X
Thats the diagram i am using. Computer data lines are involved but im not very experience in that area.
Attachments:

More
3 years 4 months ago #44993 by Cheryl
Does Mitchell give a description on how the system is supposed to work?

More
3 years 4 months ago #44994 by Red X
No it does not. I have tried ALLDATA as well and Identifix. The closest useful information i got was how a similar kia had also a suspected faulty cluster. This particular problem was the screen on the cluster was dim. A simple unplugged and plug back in temporally solved the issue, but later came back. After replacing the instrument cluster, vehicle was fixed.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds