Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 2010 r56 minis

More
7 years 3 months ago #5824 by motamanacanic
:evil:

Chat conversation start

1.6k people like this
Author
19:16
hi there my names lee from the isle of wight England i expect you get a lot of messages / emails ,etc and probably dont reply to them ?but here gos ive been watching you on utube for many years and find it very helpful in my job (vehicle tech ) i have a r56 mini 2008 1600 petrol with a code 2b68 mass air flow plausibility (no mass fitted) ?? have cleaned out inlet / new rocker cover / map / and a pre cat lamba ive smoked it and scoped it with no problems other than the code being a permanent i know i shouldnt just trow parts at it but im at my wits end ,dealers cant help ,snap on can shed no light on it ive seen many things online,oil catch tanks,new bmw mini inlet manifold etc i had three in last week with the exact same code all 1600 petrols 2007-2010 ,hopefully you can shed some light on this? if not thats ok and keep up the work very educational many thanks lee IOW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5827 by steve
Replied by steve on topic 2007 2010 r56 minis
On the minis this is normally due to carbon built-up on the intake valves disrupting the air flow

More
7 years 2 months ago #6078 by motamanacanic
Replied by motamanacanic on topic 2007 2010 r56 minis
hi
yes under stand that have done a full clean and valves are spotless and it still does it
what measures air flow as it has no maf sensor ? map has been changed ,fine for 1-4 days then comes back ! my ass is getting chewed by the boss :woohoo:

More
7 years 2 months ago #6132 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic 2007 2010 r56 minis
Is it breathing heavily via the crankcase breather ? I have heard on the rummour mill at car auctions that at higher mileages these engines breath heavily and volume of fumes going into the inlet upset the air flow calculation. These speed density system calculate the airflow based on manifold temperature, pressue, rpm and throtlle position.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: motamanacanic

More
7 years 2 months ago #6402 by motamanacanic
Replied by motamanacanic on topic 2007 2010 r56 minis
apparently there is a mini / bmw software update to fix this problem
so will check info out for it , have read psa are taking bmw to court over there
heads ? so must be something hidden from us ?

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds