Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Re:Injectors not pulsing

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #44801 by Kyle55
Injectors not pulsing was created by Kyle55
I have a 2002 Monte Carlo SS with 3.8l I'm DESPERATE the injectors are not pulsing I've narrowed it down to cam sensor on producing 2.55 volts from ICM. There are no codes and car runs on starting fluid these are new part ecm, cam sensor, crank sensor, and these are verified used parts replaced ignition switch, bcm, icm harness, key, I've tested everything to the best of my ability but I'm weak on wiring issues but I try I've tried 7 experts at just answer and they gave up I'm sure it SIMPLE but I cant find it please help?? I have a Autel maxisys scanner also Thanks for any help? Also no rpm while cranking. The cam magnet is still attached.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Kyle55. Reason: Add content

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44802 by Paul P.
Replied by Paul P. on topic Injectors not pulsing
What is the status of the Security light these events?

Never stop Learning.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44803 by Paul P.
What is the status of the Security light during these events?

Never stop Learning.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44805 by Kyle55
Replied by Kyle55 on topic Injectors not pulsing
There is no security codes and security light not flashing

More
3 years 5 months ago #44806 by Paul P.
Does the scan tool show RPM while Cranking?

If not, check the CKP signal.

Never stop Learning.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44807 by Kyle55
I have crank signal 3x and 18x while cranking and good spark runs on starting fluid and crank sensor new but no rpm while cranking per scanner and scanner shows crank position sensor presence but no cam signal present plus cam sensor is new and magnet is there

More
3 years 5 months ago #44808 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Injectors not pulsing

Kyle55 wrote: I've narrowed it down to cam sensor on producing 2.55 volts sent to ICM and Ecm.

Took a look at the OE wiring diagram, and attempted to decipher the troubleshooting procedure for P0341.

It appears the ICM should supply 5V to both the CMP signal wire and the PCMs CMP input. The CMP grounds the signal to sensor ground when it triggers. I'd try unplugging the N.E.W. CMP to see if that brings the voltage up. If that doesn't then unplug the PCM and see what if it does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Paul P.

More
3 years 4 months ago #44824 by Kyle55
Thank u matt 4 replying anyway with both unplugged first cmp and then ecm I still have 2.55 v at cmp signal wire with good power and ground to cmp and ICM has been replaced but it is used from running vehicle so BAD ICM? both ICM's did exactly the same both no rpm both good spark both run on starting fluid. Anyway to test ICM on 3.8?

More
3 years 4 months ago #44831 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Injectors not pulsing
I'd be reluctant to call a replacement module pulled from a running vehicle....

What I'd do next is unplug CMP, ICM and PCM then check the ICM to CMP and ICM to PCM signal wires for a high resistance short to ground.

More
3 years 4 months ago #44833 by Kyle55
Ok here goes I tried one more ICM and guess what I have correct voltage at 5.5 volts coming from ICM and remember cam and crank sensors are new so now it should run rite? Well it doesn't now I have no. Rpm and still no cam presence on my scanner and no codes and no security light this thing is demon possessed the other ppl I talked to swore to me ICM was good if it had good spark well they were wrong so now I'm even more lost?

More
3 years 4 months ago #44835 by chris.campbell
Let's get back to basics. You have spark, but you have no fuel. That is certain. You proved that by running on starting fluid.

Do you have fuel pressure at the injectors?

What test did you run to determine the injectors weren't firing?

Have you checked ALL powers and grounds at the ECM connector? Easiest way to check that is with a test light. There's a scannerdanner video on that. If you changed the ECM, go back to the original one unless you are sure the original one is bad.

Can you have someone help you get it running off propane long enough to see if your scan tool shows RPM? Some systems may not report RPM to the scan tool during cranking. I haven't worked on a GM of that vintage in a while so I don't know how it would behave.

More
3 years 4 months ago #44836 by chris.campbell
I found a diagram for a 1995 GM 3800. Looks like there is a 10 amp fuse to the injectors and then each one is ground-side switched individually by the ECM -- sequential fuel injection. You need to verify power to the injectors. Connect your test light to ground and then touch it to the terminals of the fuel injector connector one at a time with the ignition switch in the run position. On one of those contacts in the connector, it should light. If not check your fuel injector fuse. If it lights, then we move towards the ECM.

Here's a video from Mr. Danner with specifics.

and please stop throwing parts at it! That's only going to make things harder.

More
3 years 4 months ago #44838 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Injectors not pulsing
I would also recommend trying a different alternative fuel source than starter fluid since I've heard many on here say that it has lead people to think they have spark because it seems like it wants to start but actually doesn't. Have you actually seen spark with your own eyes yet? I can't remember if you have tested for that yet with a spark tester or anything. Paul turned me on to using a test light for this check.

It doesn't sound like it, but I wanted to make sure that you were getting the 2.5v at the sensor while cranking it, since that may be accurate for a meter to show on a 5v square wave.

Keep at it and you'll get it sorted out. The help on here is as good as it gets!

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
3 years 4 months ago #44841 by Kyle55
50 psi fuel pressure I did test light on injector ground while cranking no pulse but Injectors have power I did voltage test and ground test on wires m, n and signal wire j at ICM and I hand cranked engine with key on to check cmp drop and it dropped to 0 from 5.5 volts but b4 it started raining on me today I only have 3.87 volts at ecm #7 with key on so that is where i will look tomorrow but the crazy thing is with bad icm i had 2.55 volt at ICM wire j and 2.55 at ecm #7 they were the same and now i have correct voltage at ICM j it drops at ecm #7 so I'm guessing that wire is bad i will check it tomorrow thanks again for the help

More
3 years 4 months ago #44842 by Kyle55
Replied by Kyle55 on topic Re:Injectors not pulsing
I've seen spark and it runs on starting fluid but I believe now my cmp signal wire to ecm is compromised I will find out tomorrow.THANK U EVERYONE FOR UR HELP SO FAR!! GOD BLESS

More
3 years 4 months ago #44868 by johnathon.balderas
please keep us updated

More
3 years 4 months ago #44902 by Kyle55
Well I guess this car has got In my head this is where I'm at still no injector pulse THE ICM WAS BAD EVEN THO IT HAD SPARK AND RAN ON STARTING FLUID now new ICM and still injectors wont pulse I did cmp and crank sensor diagnostics and they passed its getting 5.5 volts at cam sensor and dropping to 0 when turning engine by hand key on now the problem when testing cmp wires at ecm while cranking engine voltage is between 2-4 volts and wiring is good SO WHAT CAN MAKE VOLTAGE GO CRAZY GOING TO ECM FROM CAM, CRANK SENSORS? Review new cam,crank, sensors new ecm different bcm, SO ITS TIME 4 VODKA AND A MATCH FOR THIS DAMN CAR!!! ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

More
3 years 4 months ago #44904 by Kyle55
No security codes and 30 minute relearn been done numerous times. It has an airbag code and a cell antenna code.

More
3 years 4 months ago #44905 by Kyle55
My Autel maxisys scanner shows no cmp sensor present and no rpm it will sometimes start for a second and die like it security.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds