Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

07 chevy classic 4.8 2wd. "Nightmare"

More
3 years 5 months ago #44714 by Last chance automotive
I have been working on this truck for awhile now. It was brought to me after numerous shops attempted to fix it. All they did was butcher it. It was hit by lightning. So when I got it there was a stack of modules in the seat, truck dismantled, wires looked like spaghetti. Long story short finally replaced BCM, ECM, TAC Modules,etc. Fuel pump, injectors, coils. That's a lil history. My question is I can run injector balance test. Truck will crank and run for about 10 seconds, then dies. Then it's a crank no start. But its almost like it wants run?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44716 by Tyler
The injector balance test should be a bi-directional test in the PCM. Where you find the function exactly will depend on the scanner you're using. If you've never done one before, you just install a pressure gauge on the rail and hit the magic buttons on the scanner. ;)

Speaking of a pressure gauge, have you observed fuel pressure during the start-stall-no start? Any fault codes?

More
3 years 5 months ago #44717 by Last chance automotive
Sorry I didn't clarify. I was using Snap On Solous Ultra. I had the fuel gauge hooked up as well. The fuel pressure was within specs , based on All data. It never dropped below 60 psi while cranking. It also stayed within specs when it did run for the 10 seconds after Injector balance test.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44718 by Last chance automotive
It did throw MAF code and oil pressure code. I tried unplugging the MAF with no Avail

More
3 years 5 months ago #44723 by Cheryl
Look in engine control module data see if the vehicle is cutting fuel for theft mode. Think it’s called vtd fuel disable. Should stay no not go to yes. Next can you keep it running with alternative fuel to see if that’s why it stalls.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44733 by Last chance automotive
I was also thinking maybe the Theft mode , was disabling fuel. Upon further inspection I noticed the MAP sensor is bad. I am hoping this will be the issue. I'll have another one tommorow and go from there. Thank you for the response. This has been a huge job fixing all the problems caused by Lightning and other shops.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44745 by Last chance automotive
MAP sensor. "She's A Runner!!"

More
3 years 5 months ago #44747 by Tyler
Interesting! What about the MAP sensor made you suspicious?

More
3 years 5 months ago #44791 by Last chance automotive
I was positive that fuel and firing system was good. Then as I was watching data, while cranking I noticed the MAP sensor data pid did not change while cranking. Can't remember exact numbers but it was around like 10 kpa. Then I checked powers and ground, all was good. Then I checked Resistance of Map sensor key off, it was well below resistance spec via Alldata. Customer was stoked to come and drive the truck home. It was Towed in on the hook, nothing worked on the truck when I received it. Stacks of parts and modules laying in the seat. Several shops fired the parts Cannon at it. The other shops had it over a year and half.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44792 by Matt T

Last chance automotive wrote: Can't remember exact numbers but it was around like 10 kpa.

That's way too low. Should be around 100 KOEO and 90ish cranking.

More
3 years 4 months ago #44819 by Last chance automotive
That's right Matt T. When I saw it was at 10 ish I knew I had a problem with MAP sensor. Especially when it didn't rise at all while cranking.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds