Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

09 mini cooper HB

More
3 years 5 months ago #44463 by BarnEagle
09 mini cooper HB was created by BarnEagle
Hello, I have a 09 mini R56, N12 engine, USA 134K vin TU69630. I have a 2A63 dtc and I have replaced the upstream O2 sensor already and still have a light that says heater activation. Now I did some testing from another post on the power to sensor pin 17 and 30. when I measure with doom , I only get 8.9 volts @ ppm ? Battery voltage 12.5 and battery is new. When I test for power with test light, everything is good. I just wanted to get your thoughts before going any further. THX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44478 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 09 mini cooper HB
Does the test light light up at x62101? Got to work your way up to the pcm I’d check that connector see if you have corrosion or something
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

More
3 years 5 months ago #44479 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic 09 mini cooper HB
Cheryl hit it on the head before i could lol

More
3 years 5 months ago #44493 by BarnEagle
Replied by BarnEagle on topic 09 mini cooper HB
So today I went under the hood again. This time I made some pin connectors w/ test clips. I have now only 3.4 volts @ the ecm, pins 17 and 30. I also checked and have continuity from ecm to pin 3and 4 @ the sensor plug. Is the ecm playing with me or what. The strange thing is the car runs good except for this code. Where does the power come from? A relay next door to the ecm. I wish I had a good wiring print for this car, no where I can get one? THX for the help

More
3 years 5 months ago #44503 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:09 mini cooper HB
Any chance those readings are a a result of it being PWM? I'm not sure if it is, just throwing it out there.

Nissan Technician
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarnEagle

More
3 years 5 months ago #44629 by Robbocop33
Replied by Robbocop33 on topic Re:09 mini cooper HB
I just read a Bmw tech talking about this exact problem,he says,"aftermarket sensors typically dont work properly on these engines and fail either instantly,or very soon after fitting"
Something to think about! ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarnEagle

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds