Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 GMC Pickup truck

More
3 years 6 months ago #44126 by Conniecouch72
My husband was driving at 74 miles per hour 3 hrs into his drive the engine light started flashing and beeping. It went into limp mode and the stability track light came on. I have it in a private shop right now. He is saying he might need to change the lifter on one side and the cost is not what anyone wants to hear. The truck does have a little vibration to it. We also have had a problem with a squeaky belt lately and had a mechanic change it twice. I think that might be a bad pulley. So my question is... is that 3 different problems or would all 3 have something to do with the limp mode? I hope I’m not being confusing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #44131 by olds88
Replied by olds88 on topic 2008 GMC Pickup truck
The check engine light will flash when a condition that will damage the catalytic converter is seen by the computer. So along the lines of a severe misfire. If they have determined it to be a mechanical issue causing the misfire such as the bad lifter, it may be that clear cut.

The other issue with the belt/pulley doesn't sound like it is related based off the information given. A loose belt or squeaky pulley shouldn't cause any kind of severe misfire. If anything you may lose drive belt accessory use if it was very loose like power steering, battery charging, water pump etc. but nothing that would give the engine issues you seem have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds