Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

04 Kia Sorento

More
3 years 6 months ago #44059 by fer355man
04 Kia Sorento was created by fer355man
First I've enjoyed watching your videos very thorough and informative. I've followed some of the videos to try and fix my car was able to check both crankshaft and camshaft sensor signals. Crankshaft position sensor was corroded because water pump had a very slow leak and was dripping right on it. So I replaced both crankshaft and camshaft sensors making sure to keep them in time (made my own cam gear locks). Then still a no start checked fuses, found 2 blown replaced them still no start. Started checking the relays and and all that should have power have correct 12 volts. Here's where I found the problem pin 85 on the main relay has .13 volts should be ground and P/BLW pin 85 has 3.31 volts, so I believe there is a short not sure where and what system to start with. Do I check all chassis grounds or something else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds