Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 Pontiac vibe p2103

More
3 years 6 months ago #44053 by Cheryl
I made a bad call put throttle body in still didn’t fix it. So I rechecked and load tested both motor drive circuits from pcm light headlight. Has 5 volts and grounds at throttle body. App sensors read .8 and 1.65 key off not touching throttle they change with touching gas pedal. Any other checks I’m wanting to call a pcm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #44055 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2005 Pontiac vibe p2103
Service info says the code sets for high amperage from the throttle, and that amperage is displayed in scan data, but the value freezes when the p2103 is set.

You could compare the actual throttle amperage with the scan data at the time of the fault.

Service info also says that throttle motor circuit should have 0v disconnected KOEO.
Check for shorts to power and ground.
Voltage could indicate a short to power or a faulty PCM.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Noah.

More
3 years 6 months ago #44056 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2005 Pontiac vibe p2103
That’s why I put a throttle body in it I unhooked throttle body and checked the motor control circuits and it was below the specified value of 1 volt. Next step put throttle body in. Didn’t fix it. I did amp clamp it the highest I got was 500 milliamperes for a split second before code sets

More
3 years 6 months ago #44057 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2005 Pontiac vibe p2103
I seen it sets of the amperage is above 7 or 10 amps I can’t remember right now exactly it is. So technically the code shouldn’t be setting

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 6 months ago #44064 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2005 Pontiac vibe p2103
From what I read it was 7 amps or 10 amps for a respective threshold of time.
I probably would have put a throttle body on it too to be perfectly honest with you.
I think if the code sets right away, and the amperage is not actually to high and you're satisfied that there is not a short to power or ground on the motor circuit (or touching wires), then I agree that the code should not be setting and that the PCM is likely to blame.
Maybe the original throttle body pulled so much amperage at one point that it damaged the PCM.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds