Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Fuel Pump?

More
3 years 5 months ago #45040 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Re:Re:Re:Fuel Pump?
Ok. One power slot is for the coil/control side and the other is for the switch/load side. Jumping the switch/low side should turn on the pump. Someone else may be able to tell you exactly which slots they are or the relay itself might have a little diagram on it. It's going to be one of the slots with power to one that doesn't. I'm not sure which is which on it.

Nissan Tech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #45053 by jsjj4x4
Replied by jsjj4x4 on topic Re:Re:Re:Re:Fuel Pump?
that has been done but ok. yes. i get where youre going with this . Are you leaning towards a bad ground? if not, i am. how do you find that out and if you
are taking me thru a process of elimination you wont hear a peep out of me. ok? thanks btw
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by jsjj4x4. Reason: had to add

More
3 years 5 months ago #45059 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Fuel Pump?
I'm not sure what you mean?

Did the pump turn on when you did that test?

Nissan Tech

More
3 years 5 months ago #45084 by jsjj4x4
Replied by jsjj4x4 on topic Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Fuel Pump?
no

More
3 years 5 months ago #45088 by Tutti57
Ok, that means that one of those two wires to the pump has a problem. I think I remember your power wire having a low reading, you can take more readings on that wire, moving toward the relay until you get 12v to isolate the the issue. You could touch your test light from ground to the ground wire to see if the pump works. If it does, your ground is the problem, but if you had nearly zero volts while cranking it should be good. So basically you either have to find the problem in the power wire or run a new wire from the relay box to the pump.

Nissan Tech

More
3 years 5 months ago #45135 by jsjj4x4
ok so how do i do that. i went to wrecking yard and took a fuse block apart. the relay looked as if it straddled 3 separate of those box things. thats as far as i went. this is getting a little abnormally deep , right? i mean how does this happen and so suddenly. i'm really afraid to go there but do i have a choice?

More
3 years 5 months ago #45152 by jsjj4x4
I'm in Sacramento ca. is there somebody that knows somebody that can help me for a reasonable amount of $$? I'm kinda worried if I do take it somewhere they might just hardwire it , charge me and I'll be down the road wire gets too hot my car has a stroke or I go up in flames.

More
3 years 5 months ago #45190 by jsjj4x4
ok so i'm learning here. what if its the ground that makes it hot. like that is how the circut opens.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45255 by Tutti57
A lot of circuits do have a switch on the ground side but this ones switch is that relay on the power side.

I read earlier in this thread that you found like 5 or 6v on the power wire to the pump with the key on, but then later saw it said 0v?

If you had 6v there, you definitely have high resistance on that power wire. If you have 0v, it could still be something in that relay circuit OR a problem with the power wire.

When you are hooking up your meter or test light, are you able to touch something with power to confirm it is hooked to a good ground before doing the tests? If the ground isn't solid, your results will be thrown off.

Nissan Tech
The following user(s) said Thank You: jsjj4x4

More
3 years 2 months ago #47277 by jsjj4x4
Well 2 days ago my car got running, finally , and it was the ECM . Thank you soooo much for all your help. I think I took it too literally when all these guys and their videos were saying how soo many people replace soo many parts etc. So I so veered away from it being that. anyway I was an idiot for all that time. I'll tell anybody if it happened to them to go there first THEN go all the other places.

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds