Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 chevolet impala 3.5 eng automatic hard 1-2 shift

More
3 years 6 months ago #43922 by wes p
hey everyone i just finished repairing this impala for 1-2 hard shift ( no check engine lite) i checked for codes did health check in TCM i found one code in pending P0722-00 output shaft sensor open , i noticed the speedometer was alittle irractic starting off from zero to 15 mph and RPM jumped up 600 to 800 rpm like it may have been slipping did manual shift of low 1 -2 - 3 felt no slippage . note this car was bought today at a auction . seeing tht code was output sensor i removed it there was the promblem. sensor was hitting reluctor wheel it actually scraped it and chipped it . i couldnt find any spec for clearance so made .050 in shim placed under new sensor . THANKS PAUL KEEP THE VIDEOS COMMING !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #43929 by Hardtopdr2
The trans was it a 4t65 or a 4t80? When the oss gets hit by the reluctor wheel the bearings and shims in final drive are eating themselves and the tailhousing. That trans needs a rebuild or replaced not a shim. It will fail very soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wes p

More
3 years 6 months ago #43932 by wes p
it sounds like i am taking a bite of humble pie today

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds