Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Engine coolant temp sensor

More
3 years 6 months ago #43837 by jbailey91
I have a 1997 chevy k1500 4.3 W/T. I replaced the engine with one from a 1999 GMC Jimmy. I'm getting code p0118 ect circuit high input. The sensor from the 1997 was a single wire sensor( I assume it gets ground from the block). The 1999 jimmy engine has a 2 wire connector. Can i take that second wire which is black and just run it to a frame/engine ground? This engine has 2 ECT sensors, one is near thermostat which sends signal to the computer and the second one is near the exhaust manifold which controls the gauge. Fhe sensor im referring to is the second one by the manifold. Attached is a photo the red wire is whats connected to the engine harness(green wire on harness i believe).
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Away
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 6 months ago #43844 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Engine coolant temp sensor
Can you not thread the single wire sensor into the bung?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds