Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Help to recover flooded Toyota C-HR

More
3 years 7 months ago #43825 by tabwebcoder
Hi, my Toyota C-HR got flooded few weeks ago.
We dried everything and replaced few burned modules.
HV ECU
Hybrid battery pack
BCM
Gateway module.

Car is still not starting.. I need help to diagnose what is the cause of no start.

I have attached screenshots of errors from techstream.

Hope to get your valuable help
Best
Tab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #44113 by olds88
If it were me I would get my hands on service manual data at this point. There are so many variables going on with the car you could end up replacing more modules and still not have it fixed.

I would check to see if Toyota or a service like AllData gives access to their info based on a small fee for a certain amount of time access. Then I would look at a wiring diagram and use the codes you're getting to pinpoint what those sensors all have in common. Like a common power/ground/module and then go from there.

More
3 years 6 months ago #44125 by Hardtopdr2
Big question would be how far was the car submerged? Then i would check every conector from that point down and all ground locations. Also did you change oil and filter and remove plugs to make sure it was not hydrolocked. Same with trans and power steering?

More
3 years 6 months ago #44179 by John Clark
Would be helpful to have a bit more information. Is it a crank no-start or a no-crank no-start? Paul has a ton of videos on how to deal with a no start but which one it is makes a big difference on where to start troubleshooting.

If it's a crank no-start, do you have a cam/crank and/or tach signal? Do you have injector pulse and spark? Lots of unanswered questions before getting to the root cause.

More
3 years 6 months ago #44320 by Desmond6004
We had a flooded car a while ago and found the intake full of water because it curled down before going into the engine it held water. I think it is worth considering whether it is worth trying to recover the vehicle. As expensive as it sounds to simply replace it you may end up paying even more before you end up having to replace it anyway.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds