Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 Chevrolet Blazer 4.3L P0300

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #43777 by ed2
Vehicle came from another shop, has new distributor, AC delco plugs and wires, New spider injection, Bank 2 Sensor 1 oxygen sensor is New. The truck develops a slight, random miss at idle, can hardly feel it, when looking at misfire data, it has misfires on cyclinders 1-4, and ive never seen or 5 or 6 misfire, MAF at idle reads about : 4.7. Map Sensor Reads 10 to 11 at an idle. 02 sensors seem to be switching well, however when looking at fuel trim, after idling for periods of time short term fuel trim will be -7 and continiously take fuel away. I can add propane and misfires completely go away, Im stumped why it would constantly be taking fuel away, when fuel is added it runs correctly.

Compression test results
1: 160 2: 155
3: 155 4: 165
5: 155 6: 155

Next thing im going to do is scope the cam and crank sensors, and see whats going on at an idle.

Am i missing something? anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.....

Vehicle only has 126k on the truck.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by ed2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #43778 by ed2
anyone have a pic of good can crank 2002 4.3
Attachments:

More
3 years 7 months ago #43784 by ed2
any thoughts ...... my head hurts. thanks ED

More
3 years 7 months ago #43792 by Hardtopdr2
Was the pressure regulator in the intake manifold checked to see if it is leaking? If its not leaking i would be leaning towards the 02 or a bad new injector.

More
3 years 7 months ago #43797 by ed2
regulator is new, not leaking and hold fuel pressure, Thanks ed

More
3 years 7 months ago #43800 by Vw mike
I have run into this. You should be able to do a cam crank relearn thur the scan tool to take care of this. It is often overlooked

More
3 years 7 months ago #43801 by ed2
i already did a relearn. but thanks ....

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds