Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Honda Accord Euro F-CAN communication malfunction

More
3 years 6 months ago #43773 by Paul6004
I have a 2008 Honda Accord Euro here with a code 86-01 "F-CAN communication malfunction" in the ABS.
No other codes in any other modules. I've scoped the red and white CAN communication wires at the ABS
and the ECU and they look good. CAN resistance is at 56 ohm. If I unplug the ABS and ECU the CAN pattern
turns into a repeating pattern of nothing obviously - if I plug either the ABS or the ECU in the CAN communication
turns back to 'normal' which suggest the CAN wires are making proper contact at both modules.
I have tried another ABS pump and recently a YAW rate sensor. In live data I was seeing YAW rate as turning
to "failed" after the engine is started, now it stays as "normal' with the new sensor but the fault still returns.
I can clear the code and turn the ignition off and on and there is no code.
As soon as I crank it the code appears.
The only other strange reading in live data is "Steering angle(CAN)" but there are other readings for steering angle
sensor that read correctly when it is turned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #43779 by Paul6004
I plugged the old module back in and no more fault codes.
The replacement module came from an automatic so possibly it's 86-01 code was regarding CAN communication with the A/T side of the ECU [?] This module is just too stupid to be able to state what its code is for.
Since replacing the YAW rate sensor fixed the issue with the YAW sensor failing in live data I must assume it was all initially a YAW sensor fault.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds