Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 GMC Acadia SLE engine Intermittently shuts down with a no start contition

More
3 years 7 months ago #43721 by sgt.mack
New here. I am heavy equipment mechanic. I have a 2008 GMC Acadia SLE with a 6V, FWD. My wife was driving home and slowed down to enter the driveway when the engine died. A neighbor help and pushed the car into the driveway. He looked under the and started the engine. When I got home installed a Bluedrive scanner. Three codes came up. U0140 Lost communication with the control module, U100 Lost communiction with ECM/PMC "A", P0615 Starter relay "A" circuit. I started and drove the car around for about an hour without being able to duplicate the problem. My wife drove the car for fifty miles shopping at several stops. At the last stop when she came out it would not start. She waited for thirty minutes. When I arrived found the same codes. Popped the hood and moved the wires around the air filter housing. on the third attempt it started and we drove home. Searched internet listed a few things X111 connector, transmission connector or module, and ECM. I have pulled, unplugged and each without finding anything. Anyone's insight would be helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #43727 by Tyler
To be clear, do all three codes reset when the problem occurs? During the no crank, what modules do you have direct communication with?

I know X111 is supposed to be a common problem, but I have yet to see it. I've seen far more issues with the EBCM connector not getting fully seated. Usually happens when someone drops the powertrain out to do timing chains. Since you were wiggling wires around the air filter box, and the EBCM is right behind that, I'd start there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sgt.mack

More
3 years 7 months ago #43733 by sgt.mack
Thank You I did replaced the transmission about 15,000 miles ago.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds