Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2003 ford e150 p0401 need help!!

More
3 years 7 months ago #43589 by Christian77
I have replaced the egr pipe going to exhaust the egr itself the differential pressure voltage reads 1.05 at idle the best you can get out of it is 1.22. With egr fully opened i removed the egr and left it out of the car amd there seems to be a decent amount of vacuum so i dont think i have plugged egr ports what do you guys think i should do ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #43592 by Chad
When EGR passages get clogged, it happens on the Intake Manifold side. Not the Exhaust/EGR side. Relatively speaking, the Exhaust side is high pressure compared to the intake manifold. The clog happens on the low pressure side. Clean the EGR passages of the INTAKE MANIFOLD.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
3 years 7 months ago #43608 by Christian77
Thank you chad i wanted to make sure that i wasnt gonna tale the intake apart for no reason i thought replacing the exhaust pipe to egr would fix it as the ports to the delta pressure sensor were clogged but it did not i kept reading the same 1.05 volts at idle so i decided to go ahead and take the intake off it only took about 30 mins and they were completly clogged once everything was cleaned up and you active the egr 100 percent engine dies out and (DFP) reads 3.9 -4.3 volts Its a fix!!!

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds