Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI. PCM won't scan. Is it dead?

More
3 years 7 months ago #43524 by rich321
I have an 09 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI that wont crank. Engine Malfunction displayed on dash.
PATS is showing error 1:6. Dash is displaying DTC U2510. These both indicate that the PCM isn't talking to the PATS over canbus.

Forscan won't connect.

Checked canbus at OBD. 60 ohms. Good signals on a scope. Good continuity between OBD and PCM.

Power and grounds all good at PCM.

Checked fuses and battery.

+12 from ignition gets to PCM and ECU relay is operating.

If I power up PCM on a bench it draws 200-300mA but Forscan won;t connect.

Checked solering on dash pcb connector. Found some cracks, resoldered but made no difference.

Is PCM dead?

Will PATS stop Forscan connecting to PCM?

Anything else I could check?

Any suggestions welcome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #43525 by Hardtopdr2
Did you check can bus wave form at pcm? Even if it ohms good i would check it at pcm.

More
3 years 7 months ago #43530 by Tyler

rich321 wrote: Will PATS stop Forscan connecting to PCM?

In my experience, no. I've used Forscan on multiple Ford products with PATS issues, and none will prevent communication with the PCM.

Anything else I could check?

What other modules do you have communication with? Mostly interested in the HS-CAN bus. We don't get the TDCI option in the US. :( But I figure the HS-CAN network has to have similar architecture.

I see that you have good network resistance and voltages, but that doesn't mean there isn't a communication problem.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds