Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

BMW 318ci 2004

More
3 years 6 months ago #43460 by Pires
BMW 318ci 2004 was created by Pires
Hello guys... For the first time I come to this forum because I need your help. I have a car that dont run since 2018. I tried everything but impossible to start. The injecteurs are ok and they spray petrol when I crank, the sparkplugs are fine too. A have a error code (key not detected and crankshaft sensor) that I erased but impossible to start. When I spray it with brake cleaner the car cranks and start... Anyone could help me please? Thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #43461 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic BMW 318ci 2004
Have you got a spark ?
I am a bit puzzled that it is cranking without a valid key being recognised. The security immobiliser on this model will be BMW EWS III normally this won't allow the engine to crank without a valid key. Have you any history on the car ? it sounds to be like part of the EWS IIII wiring has been partially by-passed by linking two blues wires at the EWS3 unit. This by=pass however will only allow the engine crank but not start.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
3 years 6 months ago #43471 by Andy.MacFadyen

More
3 years 6 months ago #43472 by Andy.MacFadyen
After a bit of research I think thiss code align procedure might work for your symptoms

More
3 years 6 months ago #43625 by Carlhadenuff
Replied by Carlhadenuff on topic BMW 318ci 2004
did this work i have same car same problem no key error stored tho but carnk sensor error

More
3 years 6 months ago #43763 by Pires
Replied by Pires on topic BMW 318ci 2004
I am very grateful for your help. I erased all the default codes, I clean the injecteurs and the car starts. Right know I have one "explosion" on the back of the moteur with some smoke when the car is running (I need to search to know what it is).
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds