Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

04 HONDA CIVIC 1.7 P0339-P1298

More
3 years 7 months ago #43332 by gilbert
God bless you my brothers and sisters.

Ok so I got this car with dtc # p0339 and p1298. I checked for batt. voltage at yel/blk wire and got 10.37 volts, blu wire I get 5volts and at yel/blk jumped to brn/yel wire I get 9.53 volts. Battery voltage is at 12.43 so there is a drop on volts to the sensor question is is this ok ? I still went ahead and replaced the sensor with an aftermarket part and I still get the code p0339. At first start it turns on and shuts down code returns, if I step on the gas it stays on. Once it starts it runs fine at idle have not test driven yet because code comes on.
Second code p1298 ELD circuit high voltage, I followed the flow chart and found that the ELD is bad because the voltage does not drop as specified on step 15. Now that leads me to the next question can this effect the crank sensor.

P.S does anyone have a good cam/ckp wave form.
Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #43360 by Tyler
Gilbert! Good timing. :silly: I just got done with an 05 Civic with crank sensor problems.

Came in intermittently stalling with a P0335. Holstein crank sensor went in. Yes, that's the brand name. No, I've never heard of it, either.

Afterwards, it consistently sets a P0339 and long cranks. OE sensor went in. Now it's happy.

I'll get you waveforms in a bit.

More
3 years 7 months ago #43367 by Tyler
Known good with a new OE sensor:

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds