Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Harley Davidson trouble codes 134 and 154

More
3 years 8 months ago #42862 by Just Jim
First off I did not know that Paul worked on bikes until I was watching a u tube video and watched him check a couple of o2 circuits . . My bike is a 2013 Road Glide with a 143 inch SS motor that has had the top end reworked if that matters. I had the tune with TTS . The bike has given good service until last week end when I took it out for a spin and the trouble lamp came off and on . At first I was surprised when it came on as all of the gauges were normal and the bike was running normal and smooth . No drama ;lol .I stopped ran the codes and P0134 and P0154 came up. I was thinking damn . The bike is tuned with out 02 sensors and the harness has o2 eliminators in the harness . Just a couple of Resistors in the end of the circuit to I assume keep the ecm happy. I pulled the eliminators out and sprayed the connections with contact cleaner. The interesting thing is when I rev the motor to say 3200 or so the light comes on and gets pretty bright . It seems to be a function of vibration as the lamp coming off and on . I used a T pin today to back probe the harness and check voltages the resistance of the resistors . I also checked them while I moved the harness around a bit. From the codes I think that the problem is a shared problem with both o2 harness . I going to call TTS tomorrow and see if the ever ran on to this . So I guessing here the problem is something to do with the ecm not seeing the voltage across the resistors . There is I assume a heater circuit 13. v and the ref v of 4.5 or so and grounds . Thanks for any advice Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42865 by Hardtopdr2
Sounds like your o2 eliminators failed. Or fuse for them popped. Personally i would put the o2s back in

More
3 years 8 months ago #42876 by JustJim
Ok i give it a try . The bike is tuned in open loop
Thanks

More
3 years 8 months ago #42889 by Just Jim
This is one of my bikes I have a 12 Street Glide that has a 124 inch SS motor that has work done to it and so has the 13 Road Glide that has the 143 inch SS motor so there is no way I take either to a Dealer . IT is beyond most of there skill set not all but most . So I called the owner of TTS and chatted with him and the owner of the performance shop that does my tuning on a dyno . I appreciate all of your help . I don't normally like just trying a part but in this case if it does not work and I don't see how it will it want hurt to have them if I have to take it back to have any work done to the tune , The sensor will be there so no big deal . Thanks

More
3 years 8 months ago #42891 by Hardtopdr2
Well what did they say ??? Never hurts to learn.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42907 by JustJim
Well i spoke to Steve at TTS and he suggested I call GMR because of so many different possible problems . I never talked to Steve before i just know he is very smart guy . So i called Steve at GMR a sharp guy. He done a lot of work for me in the past and is going to tune my 124 after i heat cycle the fresh motor. Steve told me he ran on this a while back with a motor and he was tuning it on race gas . My motor has 12.2 compression with a 640 cam so the ccp is over 200 . One reason of several to have it tuned . Anyway Steve said he added a couple of sensors not even in the exhaust to make the ecm happy lol that cleared codes . I dont think it will work but i going to install the sensors proper and they be there if i ever need them in closed loop . I not sure what the root cause is but i keep at this . Thanks for the reply

More
3 years 8 months ago #42925 by Hardtopdr2
Ok well that is some info we would need up front lol. Some high performance shops can go into the pcm and program the fuel map for fuel injection or tune and balance carbs for the fuel and component setup. So i understand dealer mechs most likely cant do what you need.

Are your bikes fuel injected or carborated?

More
3 years 8 months ago #42932 by Just Jim
Both bikes are fuel injected . Yea I not a expert on these I just know who does good work . . The 124 is just a average street Harley makes around 145 or so square and 143 makes 193 or so hp . Yea not dealer bikes normally . Thanks . I you know goes`

More
3 years 7 months ago #43077 by JustJim
Ok i assume its fixed now or i think so . I cleared codes after i installed the 02 sensors and removed the eliminators. . Took it for a spin and returned no codes . Went to town pressure washed returned no codes no light now . . It never changed in the way it ran supposed to be tuned in open loop . Air fuel and timing set to help motor live with the higher cylinder pressure . So hopefully that it . Thanks for the help

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds