Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Voltage Drop Question

More
3 years 8 months ago #42846 by jman26063
Hey all, learning more everyday. My aunt complains her headlights are a little dim on her 2007 Hummer H3. When backprobed to ground with headlights (lowbeams) on I get about 835mv from back probe to battery ground. Is this too much for a headlight circuit or does this seem about normal. Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42856 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Voltage Drop Question
It initially sounds excessive? But I took a look at the headlamps diagram:

File Attachment:

File Name: hummerheadlamsp.pdf
File Size:501 KB

If you were measuring at pin A of either headlight, then the current path to ground goes through four connections, a relay AND a splice pack. :lol: That's quite a few connections for a relatively high load circuit.

As long as you don't have excessive drop on the power side, I'd probably leave well enough alone. If you really want to chase it further, you can find C115 in the drivers front corner of the engine compartment. By the left front headlight. Recheck the voltage there. If it's still high, move to the load contacts of the relay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds