Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 dodge ram hemi 5.9 i think.. No power to coils

More
3 years 8 months ago #42539 by Truesoldier
I have rpm movement while cranking. No power to coils. I have a fuel level sensor high code. Does this have an ignition module that controls the power to the coils? Cant find it nor an asd relay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42541 by Matt T
You might have an '03 with the 5.7 Hemi in it. Maybe you misinterpreted a 2nd half of '02 build date as being a '02 model?

Either way it should have ASD relay in the underhood power distribution center. If you're way off on model year the ASD relay might be inside the TIPM.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42544 by Truesoldier
the fuse box on the model doesnt look like that. it doesnt have relays in the fuse box under the hood. also if I am cranking and I have an rpm signal does that mean the crank sensor is good?

More
3 years 8 months ago #42546 by Truesoldier
sorry it is a 2008 no power to the ignition coil.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42551 by Matt T
So the model year was way off. Your "underhood fuse block" is a TIPM and probably has the ASD relay built inside it.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42599 by Truesoldier
It turned out that the injectors where leaking or should I say flooding. I placed the Amp probe on the ignition coil wire and I saw a current wave form while cranking. When I placed the fuel pressure gauge on it I notice it struggling to reach 60psi and when I stopped cranking the gauge went to zero. During this crank I saw the fuel coming out of the exhaust pipe where it was cracked. It was pouring out. I pulled the injectors and left them in the rail and ran the fuel pump from the scanner and I could see the stream of constant fuel. I thought to myself this would be a good test to identify leaking injectors.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 8 months ago #42632 by Noah
All of them?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
3 years 8 months ago #42799 by Truesoldier
about six of them.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds