Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

A/c blowing off line

More
3 years 8 months ago #42448 by larry.sugar
I have a 2004 grand marquis and I replaced the acumulator and the orings and I put in t pounds of freon and it started to rain so I stopped and the next day all the freon was gone. I put air in the system and at 23lb the line on the acumulator blew off and I put it back on and it did it again so I replaced the garter spring but it blew off again and yes I pulled on the line to see if it was on tight and it was so why can this system not handle 150psi so I can spray soap on to things it blows of so low.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42452 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:A/c blowing off line
Never had a problem the only thing I can think is its not snapping in all the way maybe bad part not letting it seat all the way

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

More
3 years 8 months ago #42454 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic A/c blowing off line
Where did you get the replacement accumulator from? I've had all kinds of trouble with cheap A/C parts, especially on the spring lock style connections Ford loves so much.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42464 by larry.sugar
Replied by larry.sugar on topic A/c blowing off line
walmart and it is a oem unit it has the ford stamp on it fomoco 3w33-19c808-aa

More
3 years 8 months ago #42484 by Donut
Replied by Donut on topic A/c blowing off line
Really there aren't many ways that line can pop off, and 90% of the time the line isn't seated completely. There's been a couple times where I needed to put so much force pushing and twisting I thought I was going to mess my briches. That or some damage to the line where the spring sits in.

"Don't ever say 'easy' until the check clears."

More
3 years 8 months ago #42496 by larry.sugar
I herd a click when I pushed it in so what do I do now?

More
3 years 8 months ago #42503 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic A/c blowing off line
Is there a chance you got the wrong size spring and was there a clip inside the connector as well like a three or four tang clip?

More
3 years 8 months ago #42527 by larry.sugar
no the clip was from a rebuild kit for that car and the dimention was 23.52mm id 28.60 od 3.13mm thick the original blew out when the line blew off. do you think the 30z of oil i put in blew out when the line blew out?

More
3 years 8 months ago #42528 by larry.sugar
spring

More
3 years 8 months ago #42535 by larry.sugar
I decieded to try something I put vice grips on the conection and pushed it up to 60psh and it held and I used 6.4 oz dawn soap to 25.6 oz water and sprayed things down to find a 10 psi per few min drop leak but nothing no bubbles what now?

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #42537 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic A/c blowing off line
Not sure .... is it possible the old oring is still in the male fitting preventing it from seating all the way in ? Or any crud/corrosion stuck to the sides of the fitting? Other thing to check is the fitting you push in is it deformed where it bells outward? That line might need to be replaced
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Hardtopdr2.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds