Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

I have a 1994 fordf150 5.0l that won't start.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42447 by john1994ford
Greetings.
I am a newbie. I have a 1994 f150 5.0l that won't start. 40 psi fuel pressure at Shrader valve/fuel rail when cranking on either tank. (no fuel tank selector valve.) Noid light shows pulse when connected to the injector connection. Strong spark at first then dies. Tee pin in ignition control module PIP wire, when grounded, will fire off a spark from coil. I am suspecting ECM related. Am I on the right track trying to pull the spout to eliminate the ECM from the equation? How do I test the power /ECM relay low voltage side? BTW New distributor w/pickup, new coil 50k volts, new ignition control module, new spark plugs, wires, etc Escentualy a good tune-up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42457 by Paul P.

Never stop Learning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monde

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #42470 by Paul P.

Never stop Learning.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Paul P..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
3 years 8 months ago #42525 by john1994ford
Update. I got in the truck, put the go petal to the floor and tried to start. IT STARTED!! It ran very rough but I kept the RPM at 3000 then eventually lower it to 1000 then idle then died. It ran very rough all the time while it was running. Therefore, I put the code reader on the computer to see if I got any readings. I did the KOEO, turned on the reader and pressed TEST. The computer clicked once then nothing. I got no codes. I kept the reader on until it powered off. I then rechecked all my connections and repeated the test. KOEO then press test, the computer click and the code reader displayed 000 until it powered off. Do I have a bad ECM? I triple check everything and reran the coder reader again with the same results. I think there is an old proverb of doing something three times and expecting a different result. However, I wanted to verify... no mistakes. Do I have a bad ECM?

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds