Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 ford e250 5.4

More
3 years 9 months ago #42287 by Beemerkon
2007 ford e250 5.4 was created by Beemerkon
how long will a fuel pump run unplugged is first question I have codes p0463 p0191 p0183 it started out with no codes wouldn't start changed fuel filter it ran fine for 2 days then wouldn't start after sitting i banged on fuel tank it started i shook banged cycled the key for 3 days then got point was taking forever tested relay inertia switch fuel driver changed fuel pump it worked 2 days later in the morning started but then soon as I gave it a little gas it stalled out im stuck here it seems to run even when fuel pump is unplugged dont know if its running off of vacuum or pressure from before unplugging it i also connect ground to battery or rear frame ground and seem to get 7 volts on the tank it self and everywhere else I touch the lead kinda lost at this point dont wanna blow my van up

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #42288 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2007 ford e250 5.4
You do a voltage drop test?? Go from battery negative .post to fuel pump ground wire. Should not see above 0.2 volts. Or go to battery negative to frame of van. I had an Econoline with a bad frame ground once. Next go from battery positive to fuel pump feed should see below .5 volts. Do these tests while cranking. You will need jumper wires since that’s quite a distance the meter leads alone won’t be long enough
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Chad

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #42319 by Beemerkon
Replied by Beemerkon on topic 2007 ford e250 5.4
There's a over 3v drop at fuel pump and no drop at the driver module I still don't get how if I run a lead to battery negative turn the key on i get 8v on the frame rail or gas tank
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Beemerkon.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 8 months ago #42328 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2007 ford e250 5.4
If when measuring from battery negative to the frame you read voltage, then there is a voltage drop on the chassis/frame ground as Cheryl indicated.

Try to add a redundant ground from the battery to the frame, if even only temporary with a jumper cable.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds