Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Ignition Switch or Ignition Cylinder problem.

More
3 years 9 months ago #42246 by John Curtis
2003 Colorado Parasitic drain problem. When I opened the door I heard the dinger immediately. The key works to turn it on and if I turn the key off it will shut off properly however, it feels like there is no detents/stops and you can go a little too far when you turn it off and it will cause a drain. It will also cause the dinger to go off. It feels 100% mechanical so I believe I it is the cylinder that is the problem and not the ignition switch. The ignition switch is functioning correctly electrically. Any insight or ideas as to differentiate between the two?

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 9 months ago #42267 by Noah
You could try to remove the lock cylinder and move the contact switch with a screw drive to see if the binding is in the lock cylinder or switch.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds