Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Dodge ram 1500 U1424

More
3 years 9 months ago #42154 by simperfi84
Good Morning. My nephew has a 2015? Dodge ram 1500 5.7l . Last night he had issue with low power, popping exhaust sounds. Sounded like multiple miss fires and or clogged cats. Pulled codes he had P0308, P0300, and U1424, also small evap leak, gas cap code. Which he said were previous codes except for the U1424, looked up the code so I know it has to do with TCM. and Pcm, just not familiar with these newer dodge vehicles. Any thoughts or suggestions.
Thanks. I know info is limited but we were in a thunderstorm couldn't get truck to my house. (Electronic shifter) would shift into neutral.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #42156 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Dodge ram 1500 U1424
Service info for U1424 code is pretty thin. There are no dedicated diagnostics or flow charts. From the code description, Implausible Engine Torque Signal Received, it sounds like this is a roadsign code to the PCM. Kinda like the C0561 on GM's when there's a misfire.

I'd suggest treating the U1424 as a symptom of the P0300 and P0308. Fix those, and I bet the U1424 will fix itself.

It just so happens that there's a TSB for just about every code you listed. :lol: Are you able to check your PCM calibration level?

File Attachment:

File Name: 18-021-17.pdf
File Size:38 KB
Attachments:

More
3 years 9 months ago #42163 by simperfi84
Replied by simperfi84 on topic Dodge ram 1500 U1424
Thanks. I will check his ignition system, coils and plugs. Then go fro. There. And no not able to check PCM calibration.

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds