Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2011 Toyota 4Runner 4.0, Brake Warning Light on but no codes

More
3 years 9 months ago #42121 by RaptorUnit17
2011 Toyota 4Runner 4.0 V6.

Brake Warning Light issue. Start the vehicle, light is off. Move the vehicle and the light comes on and stays on.

There are no codes in any module, the ABS module shows the brake indicator light as on but no indication why. I checked the e-brake switch and circuit, the brake fluid level sensor and circuit, and the wheel speed sensors. The brake pads were recently replaced.

I am looking for a direction to go in, I don't have service data soo I am not sure what systems will turn the light on.

Any thoughts and thanks in advance?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #42130 by Tyler
Does the Main Body ECU agree that the parking brake switch is open?

More
3 years 9 months ago #42131 by Hardtopdr2
Take ebrake switch out and clean the contact points and mounting point. The other thing to check is the float for the sensor to see if it is stuck you can use a pick to move the float up and down in the brake fluid reservoir. They can get stuck when fluid is dirty causing the light to come on.

More
3 years 9 months ago #42150 by Andy.MacFadyen
Can you read all 4 wheel speed sensors without glitches at low speed ?

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds