Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

96 eclipse crank no start

More
3 years 9 months ago #42029 by Thatboiiharris
I have a eclipse came in the shop it cranks but won’t start so far it’s got no spark or injector pulse it seems like it’s not getting crank signal Rpms don’t move when you crank it , thing is I can’t get it to communicate with my scanner it powers up my wireless scan module but won’t link , it came from another shop that launched a parts cannon on it they put a new pcm , crank sensor and cam sensor both pcm’s light the engine light on dash any suggestions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #42031 by juergen.scholl
Get a wiring diagram and check powers and ground to the ecm. If present check the com lines. Make sure the ecm puts reference voltage out.
If you have an osciloscope you may want to look for cam/crank signals at the ecm, otherwise you can grab a voltmeter and a LED testlight.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
3 years 9 months ago #42044 by Thatboiiharris
Crank sensor has 5v signal wire ,8v and a ground verified good ground checked that same 5v At the ecm and have nothing but I do have my 5v ref checked on map and tps no codes finally got it to communicate in global obd

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #42045 by juergen.scholl
I understand that you got 5 volt on the signal wire at the ckp but not at the ecm on the same signal wire. This suggests it's a pull up design and the signal wire is open between the sensor and the ecm...

To make sure it really is a pull up circuit you may want to disconnect the sensor and now, on the harness side, you shouldn't have the 5 volt on the signal wire anymore. If the voltage is still present on the signal wire then it would be a pull down design, the ecm providing the 5 volt on the signal wire and maybe you weren't on the correct wire when testing at the ecm.

Do you get a signal from the crank sensor (at the crank sensor) while cranking or a rpm reading on the scanner?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by juergen.scholl.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #42046 by juergen.scholl
double post

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by juergen.scholl.

More
3 years 9 months ago #42052 by Thatboiiharris
No rpm on the dash or on the scanner

More
3 years 9 months ago #42053 by juergen.scholl
Do you get a signal at the crank sensor while cranking? If so check the wiring to the ecm. If not verify power, ground to the sensor once more, during cranking. If they proof o.k. it's down to the sensor/reluctor.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds