Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2004 Hyundai Accent Cranking No-Start - revisited

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #42019 by popoften
1.6L DOHC, auto trans, 210,000 miles. Getting the crank no-start again, and my testing shows that the input wire connectors to the coils are shot causing a no-spark condition. . That old plastic just gets so brittle and weak it just almost disintegrates. I got a couple connectors from a junkyard but they worked only for about a week, as they are old and brittle too and gave out. Dealer does not have the connectors/pigtails anymore. There are some aftermarket new ones online but they want $95.00 apiece for them, and I need two of them. Reluctant to spend $200 on such an old car. Will hardwiring/soldering directly to the male contacts on the side of the coils work, or will the heat and vibration cause that to fall apart? Any ideas appreciated! Thanks, Pop.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by popoften.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 9 months ago #42033 by Noah
I think that could get messy and make for difficult service in the future.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
3 years 9 months ago #42035 by Donut
A stopgap would be to solder on a couple wire leads off of the coil terminals and crimp/solder on a spade connector on the end of that, and another spade on the harness side. Not perfect, but at least your coil wouldn't be hardwired into your harness.

"Don't ever say 'easy' until the check clears."

More
3 years 9 months ago #42040 by Matt T
Google found these which look correct based on a pic of the coil. The 90980-10899 and 90980-10901 are Toyota part #s which appear to be available and priced about the same as that website.

godaca.com/1x-connector-2-way-2-pin-for-...80-10899-w-out-wire/

godaca.com/1x-connector-2-way-2-pin-for-...80-10901-w-out-wire/

More
3 years 9 months ago #42285 by popoften
Wow guys, THANKS!

You have given me some tracks to run on.

- Pop

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds